Urban Sophistication

Sunday, August 21, 2011

New position

Wowzers...I cant believe I am now an adjunct speech comm lecturer. The new title definitely fits into the master plan. I just never expected things to work out as they did, and are. I have the daunting task of coming up with a seamless syllabus. Some may think that is minimal in the grand scheme of things, but this is something that I take seriously. SPCH 101 is the gateway class to most of the students' tenure in college and it is my responsibility to ensure professionalism at all times. Although I am excited about this opportunity, I am starting to feel the pressure. Granted I have almost 10 years of media experience, I have ZERO teaching experience. It is my hope that I can bring this experience into the classroom and give students a lecturer that has real world experience, experience that they will need in work and in life. Learning to speak and write with creativity, conciseness, diction and grammar perfection is a lofty task but students of all ages, generations and walks of life deserve someone who will work tirelessly to "level the workforce playing field" one student at a time.

No comments: