Urban Sophistication

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

an end to 2011 ... and being 'thankful' at xmas

Thanksgiving came and went, we're on to Xmas....and I somehow think its still thanksgiving. The holiday that isnt about presents. its about family, friends, giving, and things to be thankful. This holiday season has reminded me how thankful I am to be employed, have shelter, and an education to use at work and in the class with my students. As my first semester ended, I became keenly aware of my responsibility as a professor. From a rocky summer, to a holiday season with a lot to be thankful for. Xmas is great and am glad to share it with those around me but I think the thanksgiving spirit has stayed with me....and I'm ok with that. More people should be. Teaching speech/mass communications, writing copy for collateral, media pitching, press releases and media kits. Its the life....and when I have time to do all that, and catch an occasional happy hour with some good don julio, or a great beer from magic hat, flying dog or brooklyn, i'm doing ok...........

No comments: